I was finally able to make my own full wig with a lace closure and I could not contain myself. Eva Wigs sent me some extensions to review and I really wasn’t in the mood for yet another sew-in. I decided that this would be a good time to start practicing my wig making.
Origin: Virgin Chinese Hair
Color: Natural Black
Texture: (Silky) Loose Wave
Lengths: 16“, 18“, 20” (3“ x 4.5“)14” closure
1. I bought a Styrofoam head from my local Sally’s beauty supply store and attached it to a Cosmetology Mannequin Head Clamp Holder that I purchased from Ebay. I then wraped some scotch tape around the Styrofoam head, but later realized that my head was the same size as the Styrofoam head, so my wig ended up being a little too large.
3. The 20 inch bundle was sewn down at the nape with no more than one centimeter between the wefts. The 18 inch bundle was sen down after that.
4. I went ahead and sewed a camel colored wig cap underneath the closure. The wig cap serves as my base for my makeup application so that I can have a more natural looking part. I sewed the closure to the dome cap.
5. I finished my wig by sewing my 16 inch bundle in the remaining space.
2. I cut a bang on my right side by simply cutting from my lip line. I then made soft layers to ensure a smooth transition from the top down. Watch my video to see the process.
♥Eva Wigs Savings: Use the coupon code vashtikk114u to get $20 off your purchase. It does not expire.
♥Irresistible Me Savings: Follow this link and type in IrresistibleLulu for 10% off your purchase. This too will last until the day that I die.