I love the idea of using pre-braided or pre-twisted crochet braids to do individual braiding style like box braids or Senegalese twists, but I prefer a more natural “traditional” look. I decided to do jumbo (large) crochet twists with a Senegalese twist leave-out and I’m really impressed with the outcome considering the fact that it’s my first time twisting my hair with extensions.
The hair that I used is Samba Twist Hair by Sensationnel in the color #1 (Jet Black). This hair was sent to me for a review. It looks a lot like it could be pre-twisted Marley Hair. I untwisted this hair and used it for the individual twists that went in my parting area and around the perimeter of my head. Bear in mind that some twists are not perfect, so they might fall apart when you unravel them.
1. 5 packs of Sensationnel Samba Twist pre-twisted crochet hair: (It’s new, so it will be a while before it’s available in stores)
2. Latch hook that can be bought at your local BSS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261372086618?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
3. Rajeeyah Sweet Naturals Twist and Body Butter To prep my hair:
4. Knotty knot out detangler for shine: http://www.amazon.com/Knotty-Extension-Detangler-Extremely-Tangled/dp/B00MWAGOQA
1. Braid hair straight back.
2. Leave hair around the perimeter (1.2 inch)
3. Leave a horseshoe leave-out in front for easy parting and a more natural look.
I crocheted my Samba Twist hair onto my cornrows and then I proceeded to unravel the twist and I used them to twist the loose hair. That’s all I did. I think I did well for my first time twisting my hair and this look definitely gives your stylist a run for her money. The full details are below.
To Style my hair, I simply Pulled it to one side, flat twisted from ear to ear, twisted four sections on the other side and joined the large and small twists in the back. For moisture, I sprayed my hair with Shea Moisture’s strengthening mist daily. The video below shows how I styled and maintained my hair.
That’s all there is to it. I’m in love with this hair. It really blends well with my kinks.