We’ve all been broke before. Heck, I’m still broke and times are hard.
I decided to do a start to finish hair curling tutorial using common household items instead of hair products on my natural hair. Remember brown paper bag curls? I just used plastic grocery bags instead since nobody ever runs out of them. I wanted to challenge myself with these heatless curls especially since it’s so difficult to curl 4c hair from scratch and get smooth, defined curls. Plus, not everyone can afford the perfect products.
1. Raw African Black soap used as a shampoo: http://go.magik.ly/ml/60od/
P/s. I woke up like that…shiny face and all.
2. Vanity Planet Groove Scalp massaging shampoo brush: https://www.vanityplanet.com/products/scalp-massaging-shampoo-brush
Use code “Lulu50” to get 50% off. It really cleans my scalp.
3. Olive oil mixed with sunflower oil or whatever cooking oil you have. I forgot how good this stuff is on my scalp and hair. It really did wonders with detangling. It’s going back in my staple products…plus it’s CHEAP! Get some in the cooking isle.
4. Bath & body Works lotion: Morroco Orchid and Pink Amber. I think they discontinued it.
5. Walmart, Target, The Dollar Tree, and Publix grocery bags. lol.
6. The ghosts of bobby pins past. I still can’t believe that I found 38 missing bobby pins!
I really enjoyed this experience and look forward to more challenges in the future that I will definitely share with you.
What products do you use when you run out of your faves?